Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cassidy - Rough Collie - Adoptable in Ontario


Hi! My name is Cassidy. I am about 6 years old and I am searching for my very own fur-ever home.

You'd never know it from meeting me but I am blind and I have been since birth (I have no eyes). I had CEA (Collie Eye Anomoly) which happens sometimes to Collies unfortunately. My blindness doesn't affect me in the least. You'll be so surprised, everyone is! I run like the wind, I walk around the house, I go for walkies on my leash, I like car rides and I meet and greet the visitors at the door. Everyone who meets me is truly amazed when they find out I am totally blind because I just don't act like it at all. When we come to a flight of stairs my foster mom says, "Cassidy, Steps" and I walk right up them. I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised that I don't let me blindness affect me at all; I am a really smart girl after all!

My foster mom tells me I am very sweet and she's right. I am just a total doll if I do say so myself. I really like playing with other dogs and my current foster brother is such a hoot, we play wrestle and run and chew each other's fur. I'd love to find a fur-ever home where there was a playful, laid-back doggie buddy for me to hang with and play with. I'm also excellent with cats but I do like to play with them a bit. The cat in my foster home will chase me around and then I chase her. My foster mom bought a collar with a bell on it for her because she was pouncing on me when I didn't know she was there! Cats are so sneaky! It's all in fun though and me and the cat, we have a good time even if it's a cat and not a collie.

I need a thyroid pill every month but it doesn't cost very much (about $15/month) and it keeps me healthy.

I am spayed, vaccinated, microchipped, had all my pokes and prods done to say I'm healthy. I like cats and dogs and all kinds of people and even kids! My foster mom says I am just a really well-rounded, social girl who adapts to change well as long as there is plenty of love so I know things are all good. If you are a fun family who thinks I am the girl to make your home complete please let the folks at Collie Rescue Network know at adoption@collierescuenetwork.com. You can also visit the CRN website to fill in an online adoption application and read all about our adoption procedures.


See you later!
--Cassidy





No comments: