Saturday, November 29, 2008

Duke - Collie Mix - Adoptable in Ontario


I am Duke, a 1-2 year old collie/shepherd mix (maybe, no one told me for sure but that's what I think I am so there ya go). I'm pretty sure I should be a lap dog and if you like we can cuddle on the couch while I give you kisses and you can tell me how cute I am. *sigh* That would be great!
I'm a great boy who loves people and really likes to play with other dogs so if you have a young, bouncy, fun dog I can play with all the time, that would be great too. Then after playing with the dog, you and me can do the couch snuggle thing some more!! Doesn't that sound so fun!?!
If you are an active family who wants to play with me lots, maybe have some older kids who think throwing the ball in the yard and playing "run as fast as we can" would be fun, well, I am your boy.
I am sad to say I don't love to travel in the car though. It makes me kind of, well, sick to my stomach. I'm not sure if I'm just not used to it and I've heard that gravol works for dogs who get car sick so maybe we can try that. I hope no one thinks this is a reason not to adopt me. I'd be so sad if that were the case because I can't tell you enough how great I am. I am a really just an all-around amazing boy who is a great family dog. I'd be so much fun and I can even teach you things like 'Doggie Snuggles' and 'Big Dogs can be lap dogs too'.
Oh, I know what would be fun! We should attend obedience classes together. We'd bond that way really well, I would know exactly what you expect of me and I am so smart I could show up all the other dogs in the class!
If you are a fun-loving family who thinks I might be the dog for you, please let Collie Rescue Network know at adoption@collierescuenetwork.com. You can also read the website for information on what the adoption procedures are at http://www.collierescuenetwork.com/.
I'll go get my toys and wait for you!

No comments: