Saturday, November 29, 2008

Dante - Sable Rough Collie - Adoptable in Ontario





My name is Dante and I am a 6 year old neutered, male Rough Collie who is in search of my forever home. I am being fostered n Ontario. I was adopted once, almost 4 years ago but now I am back due to a divorce in my adoptive family and no one could keep me.


I am a big boy at 93 lbs but I am not overweight....I'm just enormous. I love to play with other dogs and a new home with a fun-loving doggie buddy would be perfect. We could wrestle and play and chase each other all over the place!


I love kids but older than toddlers would be better as I am bouncy and playful and sometimes I accidentally knock little ones over without meaning to. I'd love some kids to play with though because I really like them (they're so fun!). I am a collie though, a herding breed, remember! That means that when I get overly excite I might nip heels or feet while we play.


A really active, out-going family is right up my ally. We could go hiking and jogging and swimming and camping and...well, anything outdoors and active and fun that I can be included in! I am a really, really good boy and I have excellent obedience skills so taking me places is not going to be a problem.


I like to bark at stuff because, well, I am a collie. Collies, like me, like to let you know when there is stuff happening outside or when someone is at the door. Personally I think I have a beautiful voice and I have things to say so really, it's all good in my world!


I get along wonderfully with dogs, cats, kids, adults, strangers.....I am just an all-around great dog (if I do say so myself). I need plenty of love, affection and attention and I'll be a happy boy. I really just want to be part of the family and everything you do, I can help! I swear! Well, not everything, like making cookies and stuff but I can watch and supervise though. I'd be great at that.


If you think you'd like to adopt me just let the Collie Rescue Network people know at adoption@collierescuenetwork.com and they'll talk to you about me and let you know how to talk to my foster family so they can tell you lots more things about me. Read the adoption procedures at the website too at http://www.collierescuenetwork.com/.


Hope to hear from you soon!


--Dante

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is dante still available and if so how much we are very interested